Time's illustrator: I am disappointed with Obama's appointment of Rick Warren

[from obeygiant]

Shepard Fairey showing the cover of Time's "Person of the Year".


Time's cover illustrator Shepard Fairey has just posted a statement on his site, obeygiant.com, calling the moment "bittersweet".

Sherpard Fairey
I’m very disappointed by Obama’s appointment of Rick Warren. Warren is against gay marriage and reproductive rights, and he does not believe in evolution (maybe he offers himself as proof of lack of evolution). I understand that Obama is trying to appeal to conservatives and evangelicals, but this move is symbolically a slap in the face to many people. Warren is not a uniter, but a divider… he is intolerant in many of his views. I still think Obama is the best choice for president, but I can’t condone Warren’s involvement in Obama’s inauguration, no matter how insignificant it is.

Comments