Now what?

Ambrose Aban
Now that Christmas is over...and now that the Fed has given virtually all of its margin on the fed funds rate, what happens next? When things continue to get worse, where will the government go to try to stimulate the economy again? I keep hearing people say there are more “tools in the bag,” but other than printing money and giving it away freely...

Phil Spencer
I don’t know what they possibly could have left. While my partner and I will enjoy seeing our equity line rate drop some more (just in time for our necessary bathroom remodel no less), I’m left wondering how the country will ever pay for these steps when the economy starts to turn around. What burden will your children face when the bailout bills come due, the interest rates start to return to sane levels, and budget deficit balloon pops?

Comments