Joe the Plumber: The Ohio man who symbolizes the current economic struggle

This month we are dedicating QueerGasm blog Joe the Plumber and paying tribute to the man (a single hard working dad in Toledo, Ohio) who is the symbol of our daily struggle and who reminds us that we are hurting, still looking for jobs as many of our friends' jobs are going, going, gone...Here's to the daddy who isn't afraid to face the world and to live life to the fullest in America. Queers love you Joe the Plumber.

[Joe the plumber In his own words]

On the United States:

"I'm tired of people downing America. We're the greatest country in the world. Stop apologising for it. I'm not sorry for being an American, for having the things I have."

On social security:

"[It's] a joke. Let me take my money and invest it as I please."

On the presidential debate:

"McCain came across with some solid points. I was real happy about that."

On his fame:

"I'm a flash in the pan. I'm not a megastar. Right now I'm just completely flabbergasted."

On who will get his vote:

"I'm not telling anybody anything."

On Iraq:

"I'm not sorry that we're in Iraq. What we have done over there is an incredible, incredible thing. Has it kept us safe? Absolutely."

On being a plumber:

"I hope I have a lot of jobs today. Yesterday, I worked on a water main break for a gas station and I was muddy and soaking wet."

Comments