Bravo! Leanne Marshall

Ambrose Aban
Leanne Marshall, who uses sustainable materials to create stunning designs to impress the judges and America, won tonight's Project Runaway. Leanne's signature patel designs looked chic and sleek and yet ultra modern on the runaway. I'm torn. My heart was with Korto but my brain could totally understand Leanne's win. Korto's was emotional. Leanne's was intellectual. Personal opinions be damned, considering plans for the series' move to Lifetime have unraveled like Jerell's chances of launching a bridal collection, we may as well soak up the couture while we can.

Chris Goodridge
Leanne Marshall took her waves-inspired collection and rode it all the way to the finishing line. Leanne is from my city, Portland, Oregon! I am so proud of her.



Phil Spencer
Leanne's floated down the runway...and Alex Wek had never looked so sexy in her patel collars. Fierce.

Jefferey Johnson
Kenley's, while cute, was extremely disjointed.

Ambrose Aban
I totally agree. Extremely avante garde also...not wearable unless you are Chalize Theron and Nicole Kidman who don't go out that much anymore these days...



Jefferey Johnson
A lot of cute dresses that had no real rhyme or reason other than brightly colored and patterned.


Phil Spencer
I wonder what the judges were thinking. Kenley may have to take a history lesson but at least she flirted with real choices in FASHION. And Korto's line was FABULOUS from beginning to end. There really should not have been a reason for boring Leanne to win.

Jefferey Johnson
She had no real color her line was entirely one note and I would not honestly ever see anyone in her clothes other than her. They had two really great designers and chose the one that, well her line bored me enough to take a bathroom break.

Ambrose Aban
If I ever make enough money Kenley and Korto are designing everything that I wear!


Chris Goodridge
I just can't see myself wearing anything from Leanne. She's a fine designer but all of her clothes looked the same. I absolutely loved Korto's line and I feel like she should have won. I too don't know if I'll watch after this season.

Ambrose Aban
Who knows what the judges want anymore? in the end doesn't it come down to wearability and mass appeal but also keeping fashion forward? If so Korto wins hands down. It's a multi-cultural world we live in... I'd buy her entire line!

Jefferey Johnson
I get why the judges picked Leanne but to me she's very ONE-NOTE. The only thing that she can do is pleated stuff and that's it. I didn't like the judges ragging on Kenley and not Korto since to me most of Korto's collection looked like stuff you could have bought from the store this and past years.


Chris Goodridge
Aside from the beaded accessories which weren't part of the outfits, Korto's clothes were pretty basic to me and didn't stand out. Leanne's pleated look I've seen before but I can't remember where. It's not original either but she was the best out of the bunch, which isn't saying much.

Ambrose Aban
Overall the talent wasn't that good this season in my honest opinion compared to last season.

Jefferey Johnson
Common Ambrose! I love the designs this season. Better than the previous ones. I hated Christian Siriano's season.

Ambrose Aban
I am just saying. Nothing new. Ok, maybe Leanne's use of sustainable material is cool but other than that, nothing new. Seen it all on Madison Ave windows.

Jefferey Johnson
Oh well...it is true tho. Seen it all in NYC.

Comments