Why is Obama ok but not Sarah?

Chris Goodridge
Guest Blogger, QueerGam

I am a 45yo male Democrat. But I am not voting for anyone this time. Why? Because none of them - not Obama or McCain -- is gayer or queerer than the other.

I am a proud gay man and I want to be able to marry the one I love, my partner, Jeff. I want to be the one who will be making decisions when Jeff is not be able to make decisions for himself. I want Jeff to bury me and take care of my funeral and vice versa. I want to be the one to be taken cared of by Jeff.

I want our rights to be respected and to be given to us. Ad neither Obama or McCain has promise me that.

We should elect the ones who are better managers of everything -- gay rights, gay in the military, gay in war, gay in sports, homeland security, economy, healthcare, education, environment, etc.

If it is experience that really matters in November, then why is it ok for a young black senator, out of nowhere, just because he is a good speech maker eventhough he is inexperienced, to become the next president and not a woman governor who is more experienced than the two?

Obama is certainly not experienced enough. Unlike Sarah Palin, he has never run a state or a city. Why is it ok to turn the man into a president? And not a woman like Sarah Palin? Why is her experience (or lack of it) and motherhood are being questioned when there is no such thing as the perfect president and the perfect vice president? We should be paying attention to the issues that matter. One of the issues is gay rights. Does it matter to Obama and McCain?

Again, if it experienced that matters, we should spread Sarah Palin's credentials. She will definitely be telling Biden that his foreign policy experience is not good enough to make him the better VP.

Comments