Meghan McCain: Overwhelmed

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2008 AT 6:56 PM
"Overwhelmed"
POSTED BY MEGHAN on McCainBloggette.com

Well, it was quite a day to say the least. Being interviewed on the Today Show and The View this morning were very humbling experiences.

As a regular viewer, I know how many people watch these shows and are curious about some of the answers given by the guests. Well, having experienced the "hot seat" for myself, I can tell you it can be a bewildering and overwhelming experience.

I want to clarify my comments about my family "understanding war unlike any other". My family understands the demands of war, in reference to our family's generations of service to the nation, including that of my grandfather, father and brothers. But obviously, there are many American families that have made, and are making, the ultimate sacrifice in the pursuit of defending freedom. And those families and those sacrifices should be honored above all else. I regret my comments as they were delivered. I certainly did not mean to diminish the sobering fact of these families' sacrifices in any way.

If nothing else, I hope this brings greater attention to the suffering these families endure when the unthinkable happens. I will certainly work to do a better job of calming my own nerves while being a newcomer on the media circuit. And thanks to everyones' kind words of support throughout the day.

Comments