Glenn Beck and his caller on the meaning of Middle Class...read on

From Glenn Beck blog

CALLER:
Well, I was just wondering middle class, since Mr. Biden is middle class, I'm just confused what middle class means.

GLENN:
Yeah. Well, I think everybody is confused what middle class means. I think everybody is confused with what middle class means and everybody's trying to everybody's trying to put everybody into a middle class box. Everybody's trying to be that middle class person. Here's my definition of middle class, somebody who busts their ass every single day to put food on their table, somebody who is just struggling every single day to make it through the day to be able to get your kids down into bed and safe, somebody who's fighting for their family every single day of their life. I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with income. I think it has everything to do with a mindset. Somebody who is trying just to live the American dream. Does the American dream stop at a certain income level? Does it start at a certain income level? Stop with the categories! Stop telling me about the middle class! The middle class is shrinking. There it is. "See, I told you! The middle class is shrinking!" Yeah. I'm pulling this off the top of my head but I believe it's 11%, it might be 13%. It shrunk by 11%. Fortunately for that class the upper class grew by 11%. The idea is we should be encouraging people to get out of the lower class into the middle class and the middle class into the upper class. The idea is to fatten the upper class. The middle class is shrinking. Now, why are we setting up a system where we are trapping the lower class? How are we trapping them? We're trapping them by telling them, "You'll never make it. You'll never make it. You've got to have me to do it." That is a ruling class! And it is strange that it's always the politician upper class that's doing it. It's always people like Michael Moore or Barbra Streisand that somehow or another have you seen the nose on that woman? somehow or another one of the ugliest movie stars out there since Lon Cheney in makeup, made it! How? How did she make it? How is she hosting this $28,500 a plate dinner tonight? Because she worked hard. She took her God given talents and she never said she never said never. She just did it. But once she did it, then she started telling everybody, you can't do it. You can't do it. You know one of the most amazing stories I've read in a long time, do you know about Helen Keller? Everybody learns that Helen Keller was this great woman, "Oh, she did it herself." First of all, she wasn't the first woman to do it. I mean, I can't believe I'm taking down Helen Keller today, but the woman was a communist. By the time she was 25, full fledged communist, supporting Lenin and everything else he was doing. And she was then preaching, "You can't do it." Helen Keller was saying you can't do it, you can't make it? Why is it that all of a sudden the people who have come from the bottom make it and then all of a sudden try to tell everybody else that they can make it? I don't understand. Oh, maybe I do. It's about power.

Comments