World's fastest men: Bolt, Powell, Gay coast through 100 heat

One of the most gorgeous runners in Beijing, Asafa Powell of Jamaica, will run for his national anthem.

Let the showdown begins

Ambrose Aban:
Ok guys I've been reading a lot about these three men. This is my favorite Olynmpics event -- 100M dash. I miss Flo-jo so much. So what do you think about Asafa Powell of Jamaica guys? I mean his running (not his gorgeousness). He is so fast. And our Tyson Gay can only burst (out of the blocks) so much. Tyson can only accelerate to the lead (then coast to the finish) so much. I am worried about the pain in his hamstring. Asafa and Usain are running faster and faster these days.

Jefferey Johnson:
They are in perfect shape and no injuries to slow them down or to scare them off. Tyson, racing for the first time since crumpling to the track six weeks ago, America’s fastest sprinter enjoyed an uneventful debut at the Beijing Games, coasting to the finish Friday to win his preliminary heat in 10.22 seconds. I do miss Flo-jo, too. She was the best. She's the most memorable of all. The only one that had transformed the Olympics track and field into something else, she brought style and elegance to Seoul.

Ambrose Aban:
From what I've been reading, Tyson needs 9.7 at least to compete with the Jamaicans. And talking about Flo-jo, she is in heaven, shining down on them from heaven, watching and rooting for Americans in Beijing.

Jefferey Johnson:
I also read something about Tyson today. He said his legs felt good. So I am sure he'll be there in the top three.

Chris Goodridge:
I also read that Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell have also advanced comfortably, winning their heats. I hate to say this but there is no way Tyson can beat the Jamaicans because of his injuries. I am sure the pain is still there and he will not go all out with all his might. The quarterfinals were set for later tomorrow. All three are expected to make Saturday’s final—perhaps the most highly anticipated event of the 10-day track and field meet at the Bird’s Nest.

Jefferey Johnson:
So at least 10 more sleepless nights then for us at QueerGam. I am hating myself for loving the Olympics so much.

Chris Goodridge:
Me too. Man, it's been hard at work this past few days. But I don't feel alone because everyone is yawning in the office. Olympics. So Bolt, Powell and Gay are owners of the eight fastest times ever? No?

Ambrose Aban:
Yes, they are the top three on the scoreboard. American athletes are far from done. Any news on Alyson Felix? Ok, here's the thing, we will only cover Alyson Felix and her team mates competing in the Women 100M, Women 200M, and the Women 400x1M Relay because queers love them. We believe it will be unbelievable, sky high drama and we are expecting nothing less than sensational finishes.

Comments