What's in for queer GAMen?

A nice guy asked me this today at a gay brasserie in West Village. "Happy Fourth kiddo. The weather sucks for fireworks. You wanna fuck tonight?" he whispered. Wow! What a fucking brave man, I thought. And since this is a fine gay pride day and Soy Luck Club is a popular cafe with free internet access located in the center of it all, I don't blame him for asking. I am flattered even.

He is hot, too. I almost said yes. But the better of me showed up in the nick of time and grabbed me aside and shook me vigorously. "Say no!".

As a single gay Asian man living and working in New York City, I realize how erotic anonymous sex can be. But there is more to being gay than sex, no? Isn't that a big point we use to defend our life to people who classify us as such? Yet we continually give them reasons to be unreasonable.

That said, I prefer monogamy. Is it possible? I don't know, but to me it is worth the effort. I am a passionate GAM in my 30s 5'9”, 140#, 30w slim and smooth all over, fit, toned and a few guys find me attractive and sexy, while some consider me sweet and funny. Some don't even want to look at me! And that's ok, too.

My close friends say that I am a happy, well-adjusted, celebrating, athletic, cultured, artistic, tree-hugger, a creative writer with a great visual sense, professional guy all around -- enjoying being a boy in this great city. Sound idealistic?

We are all looking for men who's charming and easy on the eyes, intelligent, and grown up without being conventional. Conventional is too generic for us. But neither does certifiable. Pleasantly offbeat, with a wicked sense of humor, is what we've all been hoping for. And integrity is essential.

The way I figure it, it’s a long shot to find compatibility and mutual chemistry and all the other bedeviling, bedazzling, bothering intangibles that make the sparks fly. But even if that’s absent, there are pleasures in encountering others and learning from them. If nothing else, we hope to meet a good friend with our efforts.

I have a storied past and a bright future. I have also many sides - quiet, serious, silly, spontaneous, romantic, sensitive, fun & wild. Never perfect. My interests include Salsa, Cha Cha and Rumba dancing, tennis, writing, blogging, cooking and traveling. I love the great outdoors. My ideal partner will be someone who challenges me - who has found his own passions and interests, a man who wants to make love to me and build a future with me and me alone.

We are all looking for someone similiar, some who is like us - self-sufficient, independence, politically incorrect. We are growing up and not looking for men who only are interested in our ass.

"No bro. Sorry. Tempting. Sweet of you tho" I replied politely.

It felt good. What was in my fucking head?