How is gay going to end?

When Ellen Degeneres came out on the cover of Time many years ago, she did it using three simple, carefree words - "Yep, I'm Gay." Gay as an identity is now looking like it is going to end soon. That's cos many men who aren't gay are more and more behaving, acting, and living life as gay men do and living among gay men in most affluent gayborhoods like Castro, Palm Spring, Hells Kitchen - they also have a new name -- metrosexual. Gay people are really thinking of their sexuality in a much diffuse way these days and that is frightening. We gay people make being gay looking so easy and simple that straight men and women aren't finding looking gay so disturbing anymore (which is, of course, a momentous development). People are having freedom to self-determine their sexual identity and preference. It is roomy. Everyone has a place. "Being straight and looking gay is so much more fun", says a sweet straight friend of mine. How did that happen?

Being gay is part of my identity but it doesn't define me. Does it define you? It's sort of a bonus, to be perfectly honest. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was 16 when I came out to myself and 21 when mom and dad gave me a t-shirt that says "Only my mom thinks I am straight" She's the best fag hag. My mom says to me recently -- "I think gay people have problems with people who aren't gay enough like those bisexual and straight people living within and loving the gay community."

I wonder if Apple and Dell are gay computers. Is there such a thing as a gay computer/consumer technology? Hmm, let's prepare for a challenge as they are always changing, always evolving. It is their ability to move with and often before the market that keeps them out in front, understanding and meeting the challenges. I am not sure about Apple tho but Dell clearly tells you to consider the possibilities!